Sunday, January 24, 2010

Advice for KC and other interested parties.

Dear Kattycat,
You ask for suggestions for rousing your family when they lie abed too long.
Ping pong balls are the answer! You can make a very gratifying noise with a ping pong ball if you persevere.
Figaro, the British Blue cat who preceeded me, before they realised a house rabbit was the perfect companion animal, once frightened off a burglar during the night by playing with his ping pong ball. My lot heard him bashing it around in the kitchen and put the house lights on. Off shot the intruder and Figgi received great praise.
Another idea is one of those food bowls with a timer. It could be primed to open early just for you if they insist on having a lie in. That could also make quite a din if you try to toss it around to open it before its time. I often throw my dish around to let them know when it is empty.
Good luck,
Harvey

3 comments:

KattyCat said...

So basically you recomment noise, noise, and more annoying noise... this is well worth exploring ! So far, me meowing has not been enough, and running around seems to make no difference either. The only problem, is that i now need to convince my humans to provide me with noise making objects... and they may turn out to be a bit clever on that one... thus said, there's always the christmas balls that i've kept hidden under the bed... will try it asap !!!
Thanks Harvey, you're a genius !!

George Online Cat said...

As a qualified human behaviourist I recommend the following for waking up humans:
Biting toes under the duvet.
Well placed jump landing on the groin area of male humans.
Supposedly affectionate position putting backside very close to human's head - the calling posture
Delivery of a fresh living mouse.
The latter really does the trick.
George

KattyCat said...

Well George, the jump landing on my human's groin is one of my favourite - and the only one that has worked so far. The only trouble is the bad 5 minutes of rant and bad mood emaning from the bed...
A mouse - oh i wish. Have you caught many mice in your life ? I've only caught one. But it was the best thing EVER.