Saturday, April 24, 2010

A pet of my own.

I feel so much better on my new food regime so I've been thinking of going outside for a look around. Just thinking about it mind you. I'm not sure what I used to do out here last year. There was my herb garden and lots of chairs to sit under but I can't see them there now. Nope, I've forgotten. It all looks too big so I won't bother. Although I think that's my dandelion.I was a bit worried about the reduction in my bought, pellet food. I only have 12 grams a day now. All the vitamins and minerals I need are there and I have a huge pile of greens to start the day to get my digestive system going in the right direction. Then it's hay, a few herbs mixed in with fresh grass for tea and finally my evening carrot with a taste of apple or pear. Not a bad day's supply all in all and I have put on a couple of grams in weight too. Just in case they forget the pellets I always give a few good tugs at M's trousers while he is having his breakfast until he gets the message. He's quite bright really. In fact they both understand my contact language pretty well -for people.
It didn't take nearly as long to train my dog, Willow when I lived with Joanne. A couple of bites on her nose did the trick and my control was in the bag. You can see her ear is raised so she doesn't miss a word I say. Good dog! My rabbit friends who live with Twigs have their own tortoise. A tortoise can be very useful for finding dandelions then all you have to do is grab the flower out of its mouth. It's quite easy because tortoises eat slowly. I might ask for a tortoise for my birthday in July.

1 comment:

Lennie said...

Oh Harvey,
Can we eat the heads of dandelions? My Humans are paranoid that they will poison me. I only get the leaves after they have been washed in tap water.
I feel quite excited that I might get to eat a bright yellow flower.
Hoping for a new flavor
Glad you are being fed Harvey
Love Lennie