Thursday, March 22, 2012

There's an awful smell in my kitchen now the decorator has gone. The utility room isn't too bad so I'm having my afternoon snoozes in there. My sense of smell is superb. As soon as a banana has the skin peeled, my nose goes into sniffing action. I can track it down in seconds. My eyesight is not as good as it was but we're all in the same boat in this house so it doesn't matter much. We understand one another and make allowances.
It's ok in daylight and when the house lights are on, otherwise I hop from one room to another more slowly than I used to and stop more often to get my bearings. I was a superb speed runner in my kitten days. I'd dash from room to room like a flash of lightening. They once threatened to tie a bell round my neck like that chocolate rabbit so they could hear me coming. My excellent sense of smell makes up for my poor sight as long as my familiar tracks from room to room are clear.
I'm still a bit messy every morning and need a regular rear end bath. That's when J grumbles about her sense of smell being too good. I don't suppose that will change now. I can't bend that extra little bit to reach right down there to clean myself properly even though I try so hard for ages and ages. J asked the vet if he saw many bunnies with my problem. He said he did, mostly buns with flat faces who were a bit over-bulbous at one end. Like me, they all come for a regular rear end shave.Things could be worse at my age. I'll be ten in a few months time. That's not a bad age for a rabbit. I love my life and my flat face.
I can still see well enough to help with the clean curtains. Got to put my smell on them first though.

2 comments:

Lennie said...

Hi Harvey

I am confused by this horrid weird new system that google seem to have imposed and so it is difficult to continue blogging.

I am still able to read your blog though and will say hello. I will try again but just when you find an easy way to use technology - Someone somewhere seems to want to change it all. SIGH.

LOve and bananas Lennie

parsley said...

has your lovely vet tried metacam daily to see if it helps keep you more flexible? Or maybe you could try bunny yoga . . .