Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Rabbits in the garden.

These rabbits are in my friend Celia's garden and she can watch them play through her window. I haven't met them but I would like to. They don't have anybody telling them what not to do all day. Lucky things. I think I've worked out why it's so hard for me to clean myself properly. Just look at the shape of their faces then look at mine. Flat as a pancake! They have such nicely pointed heads so they can reach all the places a rabbit needs to reach to keep clean. Mind you I wouldn't want to stick my face down there so it's ok. I think I am much more adorable the way I am. Yesterday was a bit worrying though. They shut me out of the house by mistake and I was all by myself for hours. I could have starved to death if I hadn't managed to stay alive by eating bean leaves. And parsley and mint and rocket. It was tough but I managed it. I wonder whether I can persuade them to shut me out again today.

It was all of half an hour Harve. Don't exaggerate. We realised as soon as you weren't bobbing up and down in front of the television screen preventing us from watching the 6 o-clock news.

4 comments:

Lennie said...

Ooooh, They look a bit thin Harvey.

With regards the molting comments on my blog. I made it quite clear that brushing me is absolutely not acceptable so I just leave my fur over everything and they grab handfuls pretending to stroke me when they can. They think I don't notice.

Like your herb garden Harve. I pruned a few dangling houseplants recently Just to rabbit height you understand.
They told me that if I was going to poison myself would I please do it painlessly, quietly and quickly! Huh. The last time I shall do any gardening for them.

Love Lennie.

Lennie said...

Thanks for the warning about BLOAT! Another thing to worry about.

Best raddish tops

Lennie

George Online Cat said...

Yes, they are thin but not that thin as they have eaten two rows of French bean plants.
George on behalf of Celia

Lennie said...

No Janet it is Just Rabbits seem to a attract such horrid diseases. Mind you sheep get things like bloat when they eat clover?

Oooo Celia GEORGE - naughty wild rabbits! You ought to put out some carrots for them....

I Have been banned from eating anything that might bloat me and the floors are kept spotless.
No sign of digestive biscuit - I am in more danger of dying from starvation and cleanliness.
Huffed Lennie