Friday, October 23, 2009

The dreaded Myxi.

Myxi is about again. We had email from the Rabbit Welfare Association asking us to let people know. Some humans don't understand that the virus can be spread by a bite from a flea who happens to be wandering by, looking for a cosy place in somebody's fur to spend the winter. How can we bunnies know when there might be one hopping around when we pop outside to check the weather or sneak a few of the last Ena Harkness rose petals? Better to have the jab. It doesn't hurt a bit and then I get a treat when I get home. I don't eat it straight away of course. I always leave it for a minute or two so they realise I can't be blackmailed.
My vet Simon always lets me know when it's time to pay him a visit. I will probabaly live to a ripe old age because I always do as I'm told. Well, some of the time. Well, occasionally. Well, now and then.
Anyway, we're worth it.Time to sort my space for winter evening relaxing. I'm not allowed to scrabble though. I can sort the cushions and pull the arm cover about but I'm not allowed to scrabble the seat. Can't understand their reasoning. Why can't they think like a rabbit? It works for me.

3 comments:

Lennie said...

Yes, yes Harve - I enjoy a good scrabble!
I have my jabs in January February on a yearly basis and that is how I know about Foxes and so called "secure" hutches and rude snuffly dogs and their snuffly owners, "Oh he likes cats" (Well I am NOT a Cat - unless George is around). It makes me shudder.. like that beastly cat sneaking into your house. (Mind you you are probably a bit tough to be lunch at your age.)
Lifes full of dangers we just have to hop on regardless getting our carrots where we can.
I am learning to hunt for treats after a very brave whistling and snuffling up the sleeves and in the face which makes them think I will bite their noses off if they don't give me what I want when i want it.
I am waiting under the table now.. and frankly it is a bit late

Take care my Rabbit Icon
Best treats and funny whistles
Len

Lennie said...

Sorry Harve
(I didn't mean to be rude about your age)

I spend a lot of time impersonating tigerrabbit rugs. Sometimes I look so flat they think they will stick a stamp on me and post me!

I rush around early morning like a scalextric car after a cheek tickle then spend most of my time lounging just about any where I feel like. Unless I am doing my cleaning or the magic doors are open and I can get up to all sorts of mischief. I heard there is a "Box City" being arranged for me... I am waiting the grand door opening so I can have a big scrabble at it.
Happy sleepings and slivers of banana.

Lennie young fellow

Lennie said...

Harvey,

I do think we are both very low risk for that horrid rabbit disease. (Personally I think twice a year is over the top)

I believe it was introduced by some gruesome horrid human scientists. I think they must be cruel aliens not humans at all - what a hideous vile thing to do to a rabbit population.
But then again I blame those romans in the first place.
Try not to worry Harve.. Better a couple of pin pricks than the other dreadful thing.
Love Lennie