Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A close shave.

Nose rubs are the bees knees. I just lie there in a trance for as long as I can until I hear things like Oh my back or I think I'm stuck in this position for ever. Why all the fuss I'd like to know. We're the same age give or take a bunny year and I can still binkie, speed run and creep under the bed without any bother whatsoever. Why can't they? Poor quality animals these humans.

I had a close shave last week. It makes me shiver just to think about it. Molly, the cat down the-lane sneaked in through my front door while M was packing the car ready to go away for a few days. Luckily for me she ran straight upstairs. After they left, Pauline -the-Postie who was looking after me spotted her peering through the bedroom window and chased her out. The cheek of it. I can't bear to think what might have happened if she had come into the kitchen. She is a real hunter. Cats have no consideration for other people. Now we can't leave the door open to get a blow of fresh air. It's time they were kept in hutches at the bottom of the garden and visited once a day. See how they like that!

I have been tidied up. My alfalfa spray was spreading itself about on the carpet...nothing to do with me you understand...but it's in a shoe box now. I have to jump in and out to get at it. I wonder if they think I need more excercise?

2 comments:

Lennie said...

Dear Harvey
I think so.. Quite possibly. :-)

http://rugrabbit.blogspot.com/

Not very good at internet lingo.

Am very lucky I have a sort of modern springy wooden chair that I can sit sort of under with my nose just where their arms dangle so they can fluff my cheeks and stroke my nose. I have heard the odd complaint about "not being able to sit here all day" Those humans always find something to complain about Harvey. They should be counting their blessings that they have us.
We are the best bunnies.

Love Captain Lennie

Lennie said...

PS.

RE the box for alphafa. I often get blamed for clogging up the hoover with my lunch!
When I was just keeping it for later.
LL