Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Roger Rabbit

Vets again today. Every six months I go to the vet for my Myxie jab and every time I grumble about the same thing. The dreaded scope. I hate the thing in my mouth. Vaccination fine, bottom shave fine, weigh in fine, tummy squidge fine but the teeth. NO.But I'm never going to grumble again because today I met Roger. Roger is deaf and he has had a stroke. Now he has a sore eye where they think some hay dust or maybe a piece of sharp hay has scratched it.
Yet Roger is a lucky bun because his human mum loves him very, very much. He loves to be nursed and cuddled as often as possible. He lies blissfully on his mum's knee and will probably be able to feel her heart beating and the vibrations of her voice when she talks to him. He has his own duvet next to a heater so is always warm and cosy in this weather.
I thank the Great White Rabbit in the sky for my health and happiness.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Roger is gorgeous and what a brave little bunny....so loved and looked after by his Mum :-)

George Online Cat said...

What is so touching about Roger is his owner's committment to his care. It shows human nature at its best - loving and ethical. When I think how many bunnies suffer from neglect or ignorance, this is a light giving candle in a dark world.
George

Roger said...

Roger is truly a hero! I am so happy to hear about him getting over his sickness and I hope he gets better soon. Three cheers for Roger Rabbit!

Marjory Walsh said...

Roger sounds like such a little sweetie. I am really glad that he has a nice human owner and a little bunny friend. Roger is a beautiful rabbit and he is soooooo sweet and cute. I want to give him a big hug and kiss! I had a rabbit called Roger...he is dead now....

Puss-Puss said...

It's lovely to see that Roger's human cares for him that much that he gets not only stellar medical help, but lovingkindness at home. When I think of animals who are abused and abandoned, I almost lose hope; stories like Roger's keep my faith in humanity alive.

Best Regards,
Puss-Puss.

Marmalade said...

I have the pleasure of living with Roger, in fact, we are best friends. He is so kind and considerate and a great friend!