Friday, February 24, 2012

Cut and blo dry.

There's one thing about going to the vet, you realise you are not the only one with problems. Mine was the usual one this time, the rear end shave. It took ages because they chatted about all kinds of things instead of just getting on with the job and getting it over. I lay there in the most ungainly and unmanly position while they discussed new web sites and how to take a cat's blood pressure instead of concentrating on me. My skin around that area is tissue paper thin and needs very delicate handling. I was very impressed with Cleo the cat who was in the waiting room with me. She made a huge fuss and palava in her carrying cage to let everybody know how much she objected to being there. She shredded her newspaper bedding and spread it all over the place. I knew just how she felt.

She is nearly nineteen so is very experienced at showing her displeasure. Her human mum just smiled and said, "She always does that when she comes here." Of course she does. How else can she explain she isn't happy and wants to go home.
I'm going to practice my shredding technique today.

1 comment:

Klara said...

Harvey! I didn't realise, but I have stolen your name for my foster bun. Very good name it is too. Glad it went well at the salon :)